Ascultă Radio România Actualitaţi Live

2011 “has been a perfect year”

Romanian champion Lucian Bute declared upon returning to Romania that he would like to participate in a unification bout and “shut Carl Froch’s mouth”.

IBF Super-Middleweight champion Lucian Bute. Photo: Cosmin Niculae, Bucureşti FM

Articol de Paul Poteraşi, 12 Noiembrie 2011, 13:07

IBF Super-Middleweight champion Lucian Bute, said that 2011 had been a perfect year for
him, with three victories, and that he was looking forward to the confrontations with his future
opponents.

“I am very happy to return home after a new victory. It has not been an easy match.”

“The Jamaican Glen Johnson is a very good boxer and he knows how to take a blow. I knew
it would be difficult to win by KO, so my plan was to obtain the victory after 12 rounds”, the
Romanian pugilist said at the press conference held at the Henri Coandă International Airport.

Lucian Bute added that for him 2011 had been a perfect year considering his three perfect
performances.

“It is too much and it is quite difficult, both physically and mentally, to have three matches in
a year because you have to prepare for each one of them for three months.”

“It is not easy to stay on training camps for two months and have two trainings a day, six
times a week. I do not know if there will be three matches next year as well. I will have to
settle this with the Interbox again”, IBF Super-Middleweight champion said.

IBF Super-Middleweight champion Lucian Bute. Photograph: Cosmin Niculae, Bucureşti FM.

Concerning his possible future opponent, Lucian Bute said on Friday two names – Andre
Ward and Carl Froch.

“I hope I will be able to participate in a unification bout. I was invited to the match between
Andre Ward and Carl Froch.”

“I want to have a showdown with the winner of this match. Andre Ward relies more on
technique, while Carl Forch is tougher, he knows how to take a blow.”

“I want to meet Carl Froch, to shut his mouth after so many bad statements directed at me”,
the Romanian boxer said.

Lucian Bute successfully defended his IBF title for the ninth time in front of the Jamaican
Glen Johnson at Pepsi Colisee in Quebec, where he obtained a victory by winning the 12-
round match.

31-year-old Lucian Bute has 30 professional wins under his belt, out of which 24 by KO, and

no defeat.

On 9 July, the Romanian pugilist defended his title for the eighth time at Romexpo, when he
defeated in the fourth round the Frenchman Jean-Paul Mendy by knockout.

Sports commentator Adrian Fetecău (lef) and Lucian Bute (centre). Photograph: Cosmin
Niculae, Bucureşti FM.

Translated by: Camelia-Aura Barbu
MA Student, MTTLC, Bucharest University

PSD leader Marcel Ciolacu has announced he will step down as party leader
News in English 25 Noiembrie 2024, 16:56

PSD leader Marcel Ciolacu has announced he will step down as party leader

PSD leader, Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu, said that he has given his resignation from the party's leadership to the...

PSD leader Marcel Ciolacu has announced he will step down as party leader
The electoral campaign for the first round of the presidential elections is over
News in English 23 Noiembrie 2024, 17:17

The electoral campaign for the first round of the presidential elections is over

The electoral campaign for the first round of the presidential elections is over and it is a day of reflection in the country...

The electoral campaign for the first round of the presidential elections is over
Over 60.000 Romanians voted at polling stations abroad
News in English 23 Noiembrie 2024, 17:16

Over 60.000 Romanians voted at polling stations abroad

It is the second day in which the diaspora is voting in the presidential election and by 12:00 noon more than 60.000...

Over 60.000 Romanians voted at polling stations abroad
Tulcea: €10 million for community development projects
News in English 23 Noiembrie 2024, 00:40

Tulcea: €10 million for community development projects

Tulcea municipality will receive approximately 10 million euro for projects aimed at community development, both in terms of...

Tulcea: €10 million for community development projects
Over 4.000 people on transplant waiting lists
News in English 23 Noiembrie 2024, 00:40

Over 4.000 people on transplant waiting lists

Over 4.000 people need a transplant and are on waiting lists. These lists could be shorter and more lives would be saved if...

Over 4.000 people on transplant waiting lists
US Ambassador in Bucharest: F-35 airplanes will significantly contribute to Romania's security
News in English 21 Noiembrie 2024, 16:01

US Ambassador in Bucharest: F-35 airplanes will significantly contribute to Romania's security

Romania's decision to acquire the F-35 advanced fighter aircraft is an important step in the continued modernization of...

US Ambassador in Bucharest: F-35 airplanes will significantly contribute to Romania's security
The Government wants to reorganize the National Anti-Drug Agency
News in English 21 Noiembrie 2024, 16:00

The Government wants to reorganize the National Anti-Drug Agency

Romania has enough natural gas stocks to get through the cold season, Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu assured at the start of...

The Government wants to reorganize the National Anti-Drug Agency
Changes to maritime strategy
News in English 21 Noiembrie 2024, 00:30

Changes to maritime strategy

In Constanta, the Romanian Naval Forces are organizing the annual international conference on maritime security in the Black...

Changes to maritime strategy